Repetition

People (chiropractors and practice members in particular) don’t seem to be bothered by repetition except when it comes to repeating a truth, something you would think they would never get tired of hearing. As B.J. would say “Odd isn’t it!”

Be Sociable, Share!
Posted in: Thinking Straight

This article has 6 comments

1. Steve 12/03/2012, 5:51 pm:

Hey Joe,
    Aaaaah, the inconvenient truth. It is funny, I never tire of hearing how chiropractic care has enriched someone’s life. Nor do I mind being told
    how good looking I am, or intelligent or even how humble. I do however get sick and tired of “eat your vegies, exercise 3-4 x / week, and get enough rest”. I wish the voices in my head would stop repeating those same phrases over and over again.

• JStraussDC 12/03/2012, 9:16 pm:

Steve, five good proofs that PMs, friends, acquaintenances,the guy in the mirror and the voices in your head don’t always tell the truth. Only your body’s innate intelligence knows how much veggies, exercise and rest you need.The rest are probably just telling you lies that they think you want to hear.

• Steve 12/04/2012, 4:52 pm:

Hey Joe,
        Five? I only mentioned three,,,,,,,,,are you saying I’m not humble?

2. Claude Lessard 12/04/2012, 1:10 am:

– Repetition teaches us that the things we do are not confined to their practical value. –

– It’s to be committed to say the story over and over and over and over and over and over again in as many different ways as doable, to as many people as possible… regardless of the outcome. –

• Don 12/04/2012, 1:19 am:

Maybe repeating the truth the SAME way could bother someone however repeating it a different way or as many different ways as possible, as Dr. Lessard has suggested sounds like a great idea.
      Would love to hear any creative ways that some of you have tried.

3. Claude Lessard 12/18/2012, 12:50 pm:

Straight,

Thank you for sharing with us your willingness to put your orientation on tape. It is people like yourself that makes REPETITION a teaching lesson for all of us on this blog. On december 4th I posted:

– REPETITION teaches us that the things we do are not confined to their practical value. –

– It’s to be committed to say the story over and over and over and over and over and over again in as many different ways as doable, to as many people as possible… REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. –