Thanksgiving Quotes

When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude-G.K. Chesterton

I have often thought that it would be a blessing if each human being were stricken blind and deaf for a few days early in adult life.  The darkness would make him more appreciative of sight; silence would teach him the joys of sound-Helen Keller

Piglet noticed that even though he had  a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude- A.A. Milne

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.- John F. Kennedy

I am thankful for each of you who, whether you know it or not, have made a difference in my life-Joe Strauss

Be Sociable, Share!
Posted in: Thinking Straight

This article has 8 comments

1. Judy Campanale 11/28/2013, 3:51 pm:

Thanks for the Pooh quote Joe. It makes me feel like you’re thinking of me. I love you. Happy Thanksgiving.

• JoeStrauss 11/29/2013, 11:41 am:

I was thinking of you when I posted that one Jude and was going to call. But it was early and I knew you were looking forward to sleeping in on one of your rare days off. (Where did you pick up that bad habit of working 6 days a week?) Hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing Thanksgiving Day:)

2. ChiroKirk 11/28/2013, 3:58 pm:

Amen!

3. Scott Walker 11/28/2013, 5:04 pm:

Thank you Joe for your love of chiropractic and all of us. I am thankful to be able to continue learning from you and being able to share in bringing chiropractic to the world. You are a great role model and mentor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and spending time with your family.

• JoeStrauss 11/29/2013, 12:09 pm:

Thank you Scott. I receive more from this blog than I give.

• Steve 11/29/2013, 5:55 pm:

Then you must not know how much or how many you give too. THANX

4. Tom 03/20/2015, 8:35 pm:

Joe, I tried finding a post appropriate to say Happy Birthday here on COTB. For those who do not know, yesterday, 3/19, was Joe’s birthday.
    —–
    Thank you for being the great teacher, mentor and friend that you are to me and many, many others. I could not begin to imagine where this profession would be with out all the vast goodness that you have contributed to chiropractic in general and NTSC specifically.
    —-
    Happy Birthday my friend!